unique value proposition
With effective treatment and support, Unitas believes that recovery from mental illness, addiction, or physical health is achievable, and Unitas can provide that treatment in a friendly and caring environment that focuses on the patient’s needs and requirements.
Our Mission is to provide the best total health care to all individuals in the communities of New York City suffering from mental health, addiction, or physical health problems. Unitas works to aide every patient in reaching their individual goals, dreams, and helping all patients have the best quality of life possible and aim to do this in a very open, accepting non-judgmental, and friendly environment.
What sets St. Mark’s Place Institute for Mental Health, Inc.(also known as Unitas) apart from other clinics is Unitas has a unique integrated approach to health problems. Patients’ mental health and physical health are evaluated separately and a combined total treatment plan is developed.
Providers work closely together, discussing new findings, how one aspect of a patient’s health will affect another, and how to best take care of the patient. Unlike other clinics, Unitas prides itself on providers working face to face in the same building to develop a plan and often even sitting in on each other’s appointments to help coordinate care.
our licensors and endorsements/contracts
- NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH)
- NYS Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS)
- NYS Integrated Program for Mental Health and Substance Use disorder
- NYS OMH Integrated Program for Behavioral Health, Primary Care, and Substance Use disorder
- Federal Courts – Pretrial Contract – Endorsements
- Federal Bureau of Prisons – Contract- Endorsements
- All people, regardless of sex, race, socioeconomic status, or religious beliefs, have the right to proper up-to-date mental health and physical health treatment
- All people must be treated with fairness, respect, and dignity in a culturally and linguistically competent way
- Treatment plans are based on a comprehensive evaluation and developed in collaboration with the patient
- Patients and their families are the centers of developing, executing, and implementing treatment plans
- Care must have to be structured and ensure access to all additional services
- All people have the right to access to the highest quality and most efficient integrated services
we believe in
- Integrity and honesty
- Openness and respectfulness to all patients
- Setting the standard for excellence in the delivery of patient care, patient safety, and the quality of mental health, substance abuse, and physical health
- Continually improving the quality of services and the overall patient care experience
- Providing exemplary clinical settings for educating the healthcare professionals who will form the collaborative healthcare delivery team of tomorrow
- Providing services to all patients regardless of who they are
- Providing a highly rewarding environment for our employees